Since founding Brinkley Law Firm in 2011, attorney Stephanie Brinkley has helped families grow and expand by navigating them through the legal challenges surrounding Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART). As an attorney who focuses on family building options, Ms. Brinkley stays informed of the cutting edge procedures of advanced medical science, as well as ever-evolving laws regarding egg, embryo and sperm donation; surrogacy; adoption; and family law.
A frequent guest speaker, Ms. Brinkley lectures at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City, and in South Carolina, she has presented before local and state bar associations on the complexities of third party reproduction and family law. She has been featured on television news programs on family law issues, and her advice and legal expertise is often sought from litigants and attorneys alike.
Ms. Brinkley is passionate about promoting family values and the interests of children, advocating for her clients while being mindful of the impact of litigation upon children. She applies a holistic approach to help her clients move forward, making the best choices now and in the future.
Active with the American Bar Association Family Law Section, Ms. Brinkley is an executive council member for the ART Division.
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association, 2nd Vice-Chair, ART Committee–Section of Family Law
- American Academy of Assisted Reproduction Technology Attorneys (AAARTA), Fellow
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina State Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association
- International Fertility Law Group, Inc., Of Counsel for South Carolina
- Resolve: The National Infertility Association, Professional Member
- Society for Ethics in Egg Donation and Surrogacy (SEEDS), Professional Member
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Professional Member